Decades of experience and expertise in the fertilizers industry
- 400+ fertilizer complexes
- 40 countries
- Expertise covering the entire value chain from mine to fertilizers.
TechnipFMC has engineered and delivered more than 400 large fertilizer complexes or integrated units in some 40 countries. Our expertise covers the entire value chain from mining to fertilizers, including ammonia, urea and phosphoric acid plants.
We offer a wide range of services from technical consulting and feasibility studies to complete turnkey facilities and global strategic plans. We implement our own processes as well as leading proprietary or licensed technologies to produce fertilizing products including acids, single nutrients and multi-component fertilizers.
We own processes through Krebs-Speichim and offer Dorr-Oliver technologies.
Types of plants served
- Geology and mining
- Sulfuric acid plants
- Phosphoric acid plants
- Phosphate fertilizers plants
- Ammonia/urea plants
Proprietary or licensed Technologies
One-stop shop: from mine to crop
- Proprietary processes:
- Calcination (Dorr-Oliver/FluoSolids®)
- Phosphoric acid
- Cooperations & Technology Experiences:
- Sulphur acid (in alliance with DuPont / MECS)
- Ammonia (in alliance with HTAS)
- Urea synthesis (in alliance with Saipem)
- Urea granulation (in alliance with thyssenkrupp Fertilizers Technology
- Nitric acid & Ammonium nitrate
- Phosphate fertilizers
Full range of services
- Offering from technical consulting and feasibility studies to complete turnkey facilities and global strategic plans
- Test facilities for phosphate rock analysis and related technical services
- Unique combination of experience and expertise
- Leading proprietary and licensed technologies